Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Georgia House of Representatives District 55 — Inga Willis (D) and Samuel Lenaeus (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of Georgia’s state legislature. Georgia is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: Please list below 3 key messages of your campaign. What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Ready to Lead. Prepared to Fight.”
- “Business Executive. Community Leader. Public Servant.”
- “Expanding Opportunities for All”
- “I’ll help preserve the Uniqueness of your Neighborhood”
- “Government of the People”
- “Safety First”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- Georgia House of Representatives election, 2022