Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 10B — Hunter Froelich (D) and Isaac Schultz (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Democratic Party controls the House of Representatives in Minnesota’s state legislature and the Republican Party controls the State Senate. Minnesota is one of 13 states with a divided government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Individual rights need to be expanded. End the war on drugs, and end all gun legislation.”
- “We need to end political immunity. Politicians and the rich believe to be above the law, because currently, they are. I will end this. I want to see a world where the prisons are filled with them, because if our justice system worked, they would be.”
- “Allocation of money, especially taxpayer dollars, is absolutely ridiculous. We don’t need to increase taxes, we need to allocate it correctly. Our current spending is negligent in every possible way. I will fix this or die trying.”
- “I believe in life from conception to natural death. From a young age, I have joined millions of Americans at the annual March for Life on January 22.”
- “As a constitutional conservative, I support the rights of law abiding gun owners to keep and bear arms. I wholeheartedly support the 2nd Amendment and will push for Stand Your Ground, Castle Doctrine, and Constitutional Carry to defend your family and your home.”
- “Make Minnesota More Affordable. Minnesota has one of the highest tax rates in the nation both for individuals and employers.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.