Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Arizona House of Representatives District 26 — Cesar Aguilar (D) and Flavio Bravo (D) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican party controls both chambers of Arizona’s state legislature. Arizona is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Since 2008, Arizona has not kept up with properly funding public education across the board from Kinder to higher education. K-12 needs a minimum of a continued funding of over $1 Billion dollars, public higher education is short $300 million dollars.”
- “Cesar wants to make sure we expand medicaid to working families so that our communities are healthy and able to survive.”
- “As Arizona grows we need to make sure that jobs are properly compensating their employees who help them succeed by allowing them to join a union”
- “As a first-generation college graduate, I recognize the importance of fully-funded public education and I will support our children, teachers, and each of our neighborhood schools.”
- “It’s time we treated housing as a critical part of ensuring safe communities. I will advocate for programs to make housing more affordable for everyone.”
- “No one should be denied access to healthcare based on their personal circumstances. I will work to expand access to public health resources across our community.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.