Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Santa Ana City Council Ward 4 in California — incumbent Phil Bacerra and Amalia Mejia — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
The Santa Ana City Council is the city’s primary legislative body. It is responsible for approving and adopting the city budget, levying taxes, and making or amending city laws, policies, and ordinances.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Take real action on the homeless.”
- “Protect our community by increasing resources for our Police and Fire Departments.”
- “Create economic opportunities by actively advocating for business-friendly policies.”
- “A product of Santa Ana from and for the community.”
- “A leader who has sat at the table with state and local decision-makers to solve problems.”
- “A leader with formal education and lived experiences ready create change for the community.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.