Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Santa Clara County Board of Education Trustee Area 7 in California — Raeena Lari and Natalie Prcevski — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
According to the Santa Clara County Office of Education website, the “Board of Education has seven members who serve four-year terms and are elected from different trustee areas in the county.”
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Preparing each and every student for the future by meeting students where they are: When a student requires individualized attention to catch up or advanced level coursework to stay engaged, our job is to provide them what is neccessary for their growth and enrichment.”
- “Prioritizing mental and physical health and wellness: As a Health Advisory Commissioner, I recognize that children cannot learn and teachers cannot teach if they are not doing well.”
- “Advocating for equitable pay for teachers and access to affordable housing in the neighborhoods they work in: Studies have shown that higher teacher pay is linked to better learning outcomes. When educators are less stressed, they can focus on their students.”
- “Propelling student achievement for all students and all levels of learners. Let’s teach the real-world skills our students need to be successful in school and in life. They deserve the opportunity to move forward.”
- “Creating safe, healthy environments where students and teachers can thrive. Mental health awareness and support is fore front post pandemic. We need infrastructure in place to be inclusive, fair, present and listening to ALL.”
- “Partnering together with parents and the community to rebuild trust in our public schools. I am a product of public school. My child is in public school. Schools should be centers of our community. Together we lay the foundation for our students to navigate the evolving and complex world before us.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- Municipal elections in Santa Clara County, California, 2022