Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Santa Clara Valley Water District Board of Directors District 7 in California — incumbent Gary Kremen and Rebecca Eisenberg — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
According to the Santa Clara Valley Water website, the board is “comprised of seven members, each elected from equally-divided districts drawn through a formal process. The purpose of the Board, on behalf of Santa Clara County, is to provide Silicon Valley safe, clean water for a healthy life, environment and economy.”
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “I help keep our area with safe, clean and affordable water”
- “I worked on keeping our creeks clean during homelessness (1/4 of all homeless live in the creeks).”
- “I brought in a $484 million state grant for emergency water storage”
- “I Believe Water is a Human Right. Every person deserves access to safe and clean water, regardless of financial circumstances or social status”
- “I Believe in Climate Action & Social Justice. We must stop destroying and start repairing our natural environment.”
- “I believe in clean government, transparency, and fiscal responsibility.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.