Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Florida House of Representatives District 40 — LaVon Bracy Davis (D) and Nate Robertson (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of Florida’s state legislature. Florida is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “My economic development plan will work to: Curb prices and end the affordability crisis, increase opportunity by creating and attracting good jobs, and incentivize the vast amount of opportunities and resources of our district to organizations and companies to bring jobs to District 40.”
- “As a member of the Board of Directors for Pace Center, an alternative education program that is funded through Orange County Public Schools I completely understand the importance of quality education and school choice for our future!”
- “I am a strong believer that hate and its symbols have no place in our district or the State of Florida. There are a number of inquiries in our community and collectively we will tackle them!”
- “Educational Choice: Parents should have access to reliable, high quality education options for their children conveniently located to where they live. Nate desires to secure millions of dollars in funding to focus on new private and charter schools in District 40.”
- “Personal Freedoms: All residents of District 40 and throughout Orange County and Florida should be able to make informed decisions for themselves and their families.”
- “Small Business Development: Businesses in District 40 need support from the State to thrive and when needed stabilize. New business growth is also a need for the district as well as a desire of many residents.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.