Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Kentucky’s 30th Circuit Court Division 8 — Karen Faulkner and Jessica Stone — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Kentucky District Courts are trial courts of limited jurisdiction in Kentucky. Matters heard by the district courts include city and county ordinance violations, juvenile matters, traffic offenses, misdemeanors, probate, preliminary felony hearings, small claims and civil cases involving $4,000 or less. Along with the family courts, the district courts hear cases of domestic violence.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Everyone should be treated with Fairness in the Court system.”
- “We need to support alternative resolutions and treatment options, including Restorative Justice, Treatment Courts, and other ways to curb recitivism.”
- “Access to the Courts and transparency within the system should become a focus and the norm.”
- “Prioritizes Public Safety: If you want a judge who is going to hold people accountable and keep dangerous criminals off our streets, vote STONE for a safer city!”
- “Committed to Equal Justice for All – restoring faith and confidence in our justice system can only be done with fairness and open mind”
- “Public Servant – I am doing this to further serve my hometown community and save our city.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.