Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 65 — incumbent A. Reece Pyrtle, Jr. (R) and Jay Donecker (D) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of North Carolina’s state legislature. North Carolina is one of 13 states with a divided government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Defend constitutional Freedom and Liberty.”
- “Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights.”
- “Deliver a Quality Education in our K-12 Schools.”
- “The NC legislature needs to stop the political bickering and instead work together to find solutions that will benefit all NC citizens”
- “The 2% food tax should be eliminated before the C corporation tax rate is reduced again.”
- “Medicaid should be expanded; and our public schools funded that meets our constitutional obligation.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2022