Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Nevada Board of Regents District 6 — Heather Brown and Jeanine Dakduk — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
The Nevada State Board of Regents is an elected executive agency of the Nevada state government, responsible for managing the state’s system of higher education.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Prioritize students by ensuring better graduation preparedness and a renewed focus on ethics throughout the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).”
- “Refocus the budget to cut out wasteful spending so that every dollar goes where it can make the biggest impact for our students and communities.”
- “Attract and continue to retain top talent, both faculty and students, while rebuilding NSHE’s reputation with our institutions and community.”
- “All institutions in Nevada must continue to provide high-quality education at an affordable price.”
- “Nevada’s higher education system must focus on broadening education that meets the workforce demands of the state.”
- “Nevada’s institutions of higher learning must close the achievement gap and constantly strive for greater student retention, persistence, and graduation rates.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.