Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for New Hampshire House of Representatives Belknap 3 — incumbent Juliet Harvey-Bolia (R) and Sheryl Anderson (D) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of New Hampshire’s state legislature. New Hampshire is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “A proven Live Free or Die candidate who is committed to improving the Sanbornton and Tilton communities. Decreased the State-Wide Education Property Tax (SWEPT) by $100 million directly resulting in lower property tax bills for constituents across the state with no effect on the dollars going to schools.”
- “Juliet successfully spearheaded an initiative to reopen our schools during the shutdown. She has worked for years to improve Main Street while keeping tax-payers costs down.”
- “‘Man is not free unless government is limited’ – Ronald Reagan’s Farewell Address to the American People”
- “I believe that we are all more alike than we are dissimilar. I care deeply about the future we are creating for our children and all the succeeding generations. I believe we are living at a pivotal moment.”
- “I pay attention to what is going on. I am a listener and am willing to change my mind as I learn more about an issue.”
- “I believe we will sink or swim together. Our future is a shared future, and problems anywhere ultimately affect everyone everywhere.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.