All four of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Florida’s 10th Congressional District completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
The outcome of this race will affect the partisan balance of the U.S. House of Representatives in the 118th Congress. All 435 seats in the House are up for election. As of November 3, 2022, Democrats hold a 220-212 advantage in the U.S. House with three vacant seats. Florida’s current congressional delegation consists of 9 Democrats and 16 Republicans.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Ending Gun Violence 40,000 Americans die due to gun-related deaths each year. The most vulnerable members of our society account for the majority of those deaths.”
- “Medicare For All The United States has failed to provide a basic social minimum to its citizens.”
- “Environmental Justice The greatest challenge facing our country and the world is the climate crisis.”
- “I Heard You! I’m answering the call to put on the ARMOR OF GOD to defend our Homeland from all enemies!”
- “We’re at war to unseat corrupt political leaders who push systematically transforming America into a socialist nation!”
- “In the same spirit of ‘Frederick Douglas, Martin Luther King and Ronald Reagan’, let’s be active in defending conservative values and join me in the “Call to Action”
- “No Party. When politicians reach across the aisle, they risk fighting in a tug of war, and that’s a scenario in which someone inevitably loses – more often than not, it’s the people those politicians serve.”
- “No Politics. Candidate should be free from the influence of money.”
- “Just Solving Problems. Candidates that are free of monetary and political influence are free to express a wider range of ideas without repercussion.”
- “Patient’s right to chose the doctor and not the insurance company. Doctor should be in charge to do the required tests for the diagnosis and treatment.”
- “I want to fight for equal rights and justice for all specially small businesses and empower to stand up for your rights.”
- “In the education system, teachers and parents should be incharge and curriculum should not be dictaed by the Govt.”
Click here to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.