Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Water Replenishment District of Southern California District 4 — incumbent Sergio Calderon and Jose Gonzalez — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
According to the district website, “The Water Replenishment District (WRD) is the largest groundwater agency by population in the state of California, managing and protecting local groundwater resources for four million residents.”
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Water sustainability in the service area I represent is a reality thanks to the work you have supported me in, namely, creating renewable water sources.”
- “Clean and safe water is a human right, thanks to your support, during my tenure in director, seven program designed to keep our water clean and safe have been put into action.”
- “Affordability is key, so that we all have access to clean and safe water, thanks to your support WRD now produces water at less than half the cost of imported water.”
- “We need clean and affordable water”
- “Stronger community involvement and transparency”
- “More water education programs and partnerships with cities”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- Municipal elections in Los Angeles County, California (2022)